[OpenIndiana-discuss] can't update from dev to hipster

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 18:40:50 UTC 2016

On 12/21/16 01:41 PM, Carsten Grzemba wrote:

> On 21.12.16 13:13, Nikola M  <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/21/16 01:06 PM, Carsten Grzemba wrote:
>>> I can't update me oi-dev BE to hipster/hipster-2015. The reason seams to be unsatisfied dependencies of userland-incorporation.
>>> My oi-dev doesn't know userland-incorporation
>>> Can I update with rejecting userland-incorporation and fixing versions and install userland-incorporation later?
>> Try this:
>> https://wiki.openindiana.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30802657
>> And then try to update to newest hipster.
>>
> This updates only ~200 packages:
>
> # pkg -R /a update -v --reject userland-incorporation
>   Packages to remove: 63
>   Packages to install: 31
>   Packages to update: 191
>   Estimated space available: 383.23 GB
> Estimated space to be consumed: 907.33 MB
>   Create boot environment: No
> Create backup boot environment: No
>   Services to change: 5
>   Rebuild boot archive: No
>
> Changed packages:
>
> and leaves ~800 packages unmodified:
> # pkg -R /a list |grep '0\.151\.1\.' | wc -l
> 780

Can you post ' pkg list ' of your old /dev install so it could be tried
re-creating your install?
Updating form old dev to hipster-2015 actually worked for me and for
others, just maybe there are some packages that make problem. (Take into
account that default zones configuration is changed to linked images by
default for example)
Also you may take into account some and all of OI hipster release notes
in the meantime, so it may be, you might want to de-install some
packages before update.
https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Release+Notes

It might be also nice to have exact package states of at least OI
hipster snapshots (e.g. not deleted after newest snapshot) so people can
test updating to them before snapshots are finished and to be able to
have update targets with OI hipster snapshots to update through them
till the newest.