[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI hipster frequence freeze during update

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 17:09:11 UTC 2016

On 12/31/2016 11:45 AM, Full Name wrote:
> Indeed, my swap blocks and free sizes are the same, so no swap is being utilized.
>
> so i followed each step in your note to create 'swap2' and enlarged the size to '4G'.
>
> then i rerun:
> # pkg set-publisher -G  http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2015 -g  https://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster  openindiana.org
>
> it stuck at 'refreshing catalog 1/1 openindiana.org 69.38kB',  with mouse cursor blinking at the end.   i waited for 30 minutes and nothing changes.
> at this stage, graphics icons on the desktop stopped responding to clicks, can't open 'firefox' 'terminal' etc.
>

> -erdos

Virtual machines can generally run with 2GB without any issues, but in
my experience physical hardware requires either more memory, or an
enlarged swap file.

However, I just noticed your previous post mentioned you were using a 32
bit processor and OI no longer supports 32 bit machines. So, perhaps
you're running into some kind of issue related to this.