[OpenIndiana-discuss] Ouch: better versions re-uploaded __/__ Re: [oi-dev] !!! Debug bins for developers: Working (but on my hw instable) Intel-KMS test-bins now uploaded for testing

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Wed Jan 6 09:20:06 UTC 2016

 Ouch, I said: I grabbed them blindly from douzens of snapshots.
A quick test showed that these were very bad samples.

As said: The newer they are, the more stuff is changed and experimental.
(later you will see that in src). But it all had absolutely nothing to do with the instabilities on my Gigabyte mainboard, as I now finally found out that the Oracle 11.1 LiveDVD without any changed bits runs into the same conditions on my mainboard (with even another CPU and mem now).

Here an earlier version: with custom tracing but without debugging output.
Built with gcc4.8.

However, to give you a replacement for the lack of debugging output with the now newly uploaded bins here my local /var/adm/messages which grew to 39MB in only some few hours of runtime:   http://svr4.opensxce.org/intelkms_working_testbins/messages

http://svr4.opensxce.org/intelkms_working_testbins/drm_gem_kms and  http://svr4.opensxce.org/intelkms_working_testbins/i915   now re-uploaded better versions (should bring you into compiz on most Intel gear, including the latest internal HD gpu's.

_How-ever_: This is only a preliminary upload for you to test a bit.
The real release was not planned for today.

In fact it is Ian Murdocks unexpected death which caused me to write something (I learned of it just a few hours ago on a Russian freedom blog site!)

http://arpadhaizy.livejournal.com/3447260.html

His last tweets, which got vaporized by USA-Twitter (but which were backed up before) :

https://archive.is/cPE6h

R.I.P Ian Murdock!
I’m really wondering how I could think badly about him in the past.
It is very brave what he wrote, said and did.