[OpenIndiana-discuss] [off-topic] Samsung acquires Joyant

Kees Nuyt k.nuyt at zonnet.nl
Tue Jul 12 10:22:05 UTC 2016

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 09:52:43 +0100,
Private openbabel wrote:

> It maybe to early to tell but does this mean
> SmartOS will continue as an opensource distro ?

"We will also continue to set ourselves apart from other public
cloud operators by making our software available for operators
to run their own. And critically for us personally, we can
confirm Samsung's commitment to keeping our platform open
source: after we open sourced our stack eighteen months ago"

https://www.joyent.com/blog/samsung-acquires-joyent-a-ctos-perspective

--
Regards,

Kees Nuyt