[OpenIndiana-discuss] ssh to servers with recent openssh

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 10:28:36 UTC 2016

On 06/ 3/16 11:06 AM, Kim Bak wrote:
> Actually the problem goes much deeper than this, all the key exchange
> algorithms compiled with oi openssh, are considered insecure and
> should be avoided.
>
> However, it was surprisingly easy to fix.
>
> I downloaded the latest openssl, compiled it, and just copied over the
> ssh executable, problem solved.
>
> // Kim Bak

OI hipster has openssl, wouldn't it be better just to install in-OI package?
Or upgrade OI hipster installation?

It proved possible to upgrade from old /dev , via  /hipster-2015 to
newest /hipster.
Possibly one can stop at 20140421 ISO /hipster snapshot without 'entire'
(osnet-incorporation 15677, userland-incorporation 6353)