[OpenIndiana-discuss] ssh to servers with recent openssh

Kim Bak kim.bak at gamereactor.dk
Fri Jun 3 11:40:05 UTC 2016

On 03/06/16 12:28, Nikola M wrote:
> On 06/ 3/16 11:06 AM, Kim Bak wrote:
>> Actually the problem goes much deeper than this, all the key exchange
>> algorithms compiled with oi openssh, are considered insecure and
>> should be avoided.
>>
>> However, it was surprisingly easy to fix.
>>
>> I downloaded the latest openssl, compiled it, and just copied over
>> the ssh executable, problem solved.
>>
>> // Kim Bak
>
> OI hipster has openssl, wouldn't it be better just to install in-OI
> package?
> Or upgrade OI hipster installation?

This depends on your needs, in my case, upgrades of linux based
production systems broke some ssh based automation between our
openindiana and linux servers. I would not recommend upgrading
production systems to hipster, my fix is a bit hacky, but it took less
than 5 minutes and it works flawlessly so far.