[OpenIndiana-discuss] Community interest in illumos PF port?

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:00:04 UTC 2016

Hello,

We promised to send a reply once we gathered some data, so here it is.

From what alanc told us Oracle spent well over 2 engineer years working on their port. This would
require high amount of money for a successfull crowdsourcing campaign.

27 people including us (Adam and Jorge) responded that we would like to see pf ported to illumos.
However, all of us were individuals without a backing company to hack with some serious amount of funds.

Based on this fact, we conclude that the crowdsourcing campaign would fail.

Regards

Adam and Jorge