[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana Docs - Demo 2.0

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 01:05:57 UTC 2016

On 06/15/2016 05:31 AM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:

> Since the new version of the docs is coded now, it should be
> possible to add some javascript that detects users device
> parameters and render the sites accordingly. There are
> a lot of examples and ready to use code how to do that in javascript.
> I think that should also be the goal of the new version to facilitate
> dynamical rendering serving best the presently connected device.
>
> I really hate those projects where that is fixed based on the
> "majority" with a "standard" viewing device (like it happened
> in Gnome3, Unity, and the like). The world has moved on to
> modern dynamic technics, and the new docs project should use
> those goodies to render dynamically from a lightweight coded
> docs repository which Michael is developing now.

Hello Udo,

The new site uses the Bootswatch 'Spacelab' theme which is derived from
Bootstrap 3. Bootstrap is a mobile first framework. From the ground up
it was designed to be responsive and dynamically alter it's appearance
to best suite the device used to view the page.

It's doing exactly what you describe, which is exactly what we need.

http://getbootstrap.com/

https://bootswatch.com/spacelab/

Thank you for your comments,

Michael