[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana Docs - Demo 2.0

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:46:33 UTC 2016

On 06/15/16 11:31 AM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
>> It is interesting information for OI website, regarding visitors etc,
>> yes.
>> Website is made for visitors, yes, and it is made for me as OI user.
>> But It doesn't mean site needs to be ugly and unusable on OI desktop
>> because of
>> influx of mobile users. Main concern is how it looks like for OI
>> users, second
>> concern is how it looks for others.
>
> Since the new version of the docs is coded now, it should be

These are not OI docs.
This is private makruger site that is with he's 2 unrenewed articles.

This can't end up on OI site for having clear organizational issues of
self-proclaiming.

> possible to add some javascript that detects users device
> parameters and render the sites accordingly. There are
> a lot of examples and ready to use code how to do that in javascript.
> I think that should also be the goal of the new version to facilitate
> dynamical rendering serving best the presently connected device.
>
> I really hate those projects where that is fixed based on the
> "majority" with a "standard" viewing device (like it happened

I currently have zero care about how it is viewed from iPhone.

illumos targets x86 and Oi has i's desktop and if OI web site will be
more visible to other platforms, it is unrelated to Makruger's private site.

> in Gnome3, Unity, and the like). The world has moved on to
> modern dynamic technics, and the new docs project should use
> those goodies to render dynamically from a lightweight coded
> docs repository which Michael is developing now.

Those are not docs.
Docs are made over long time from articles and best practices.