[OpenIndiana-discuss] Looking for testers: OpenIndiana Hipster vagrant box

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Thu Jun 23 18:53:47 UTC 2016

>Hello,
>
>I prepared OpenIndiana vagrant box from the latest hipster 2016.04 snapshot.
>This is targeted mostly at users and developers, who do not run OI as their
>main platform, but use VirtualBox for developing software or doing illumos
>builds on OpenIndiana. This box is created from text installer. GUI variant
>can come at the later phase and I am willing to accept contributions for
>that. Also, this box comes only with virtualbox as I don’t have access to
>VMWare Fusion or Vagrant vmware provider. If somebody has access to it and
>is willing to contribute, I’d gladly appreciate it.

Thanks much for doing this Adam!  I'm not exactly your target audience,
since I actually run hipster on my $WORKstation, but considering others
in my environment are using vagrant for other debugging and testing I've
wanted to see about using vagrant for OI test boxes.

Have you spent any time getting vagrant itself working on OI?  That's
on my todo list too.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)