[OpenIndiana-discuss] Oracle Developer Studio 12.5 for free...

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Jun 30 16:09:46 UTC 2016

On 06/30/16 07:21 AM, Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems Administrator wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just learned that Oracle gives Studio 12.5 for free:
>
>      Download Options for Oracle Developer Studio
>      Current Release - Oracle Developer Studio 12.5
>      Provides perpetual no-cost license for production use and the development
> of commercial applications.
>
> https://blogs.oracle.com//solaris/entry/oracle_developer_studio_12_5

The 12.5 release is new, but the licensing model is the same as previous
releases - free to use, pay for support.

Be warned though that OpenIndiana is not an officially supported platform,
nor is it tested - you may luck out and have everything work fine, or you
may run into dependencies on things Solaris added after OpenSolaris forked
into separate open illumos & closed Solaris code bases.

	-alan-

P.S.  I am not now, nor have I ever been, an official Oracle spokesperson.
Things I say do not override anything published on the Oracle website or in
Oracle documentation or licensing agreements.  Do not shoot the messenger if
you don't like the message.  Do not fold, spindle, or mutilate the messenger
either.