[OpenIndiana-discuss] Oracle Developer Studio 12.5 for free...

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Thu Jun 30 18:15:01 UTC 2016

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Oracle Developer Studio 12.5 for...:

>> https://blogs.oracle.com//solaris/entry/oracle_developer_studio_12_5
>
> The 12.5 release is new, but the licensing model is the same as previous
> releases - free to use, pay for support.
>
> Be warned though that OpenIndiana is not an officially supported platform,
> nor is it tested - you may luck out and have everything work fine, or you
> may run into dependencies on things Solaris added after OpenSolaris forked
> into separate open illumos & closed Solaris code bases.

To add to what Alan said: I was able to get Studio 12.3 to work on OI
151a9 (/dev) with a little bit of work.

12.4 requires symbol versions from some libraries that oi151a9 just didn't
have, though, so I gave up on it.  Thinking about it some more, there's
something else I could have tried, but at the time I didn't really need
12.4, since 12.3 was working relatively well.

I haven't tried Studio 12.4 since I switched my workstation from /dev to
/hipster, so no idea if it's better or worse.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)