[OpenIndiana-discuss] masquerade solved, thank you

jay at m5.chicago.il.us jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Thu Mar 10 23:21:07 UTC 2016

Thanks to this mailing list, my masquerade problem has been solved:

  map net0 172.16.0.0/16 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp auto
  map net0 172.16.0.0/16 -> 0/32
  map net0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp auto
  map net0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32

is now what my /etc/ipf/ipnet.conf file looks like.  One needs to name
the public interface (in my case, net0) rather than the private
interface.  I had also lacked the portmap lines; I don't know if they
are necessary but inasmuch as things are working now I do not need to
conduct the experiment.  Many thanks, again, for your swift response
to my simple question.

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"