[OpenIndiana-discuss] masquerade solved, thank you

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Fri Mar 11 07:11:40 UTC 2016

jay at m5.chicago.il.us writes:
>   map net0 172.16.0.0/16 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp auto
>   map net0 172.16.0.0/16 -> 0/32
>   map net0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp auto
>   map net0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32
>
> is now what my /etc/ipf/ipnet.conf file looks like.  One needs to name
> the public interface (in my case, net0) rather than the private
> interface.  I had also lacked the portmap lines; I don't know if they
> are necessary

I also have them and I dimly remember that things did not work
properly before I put them in (after some google research).
So yes, I think they are necessary.

>                         "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"

"Nunc est bibendum"

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"