[OpenIndiana-discuss] Configure keyboard through gnome-keyboard-properties

Sergey Avseyev sergey.avseyev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 10:50:51 UTC 2016

Hi everyone, I've just installed openindiana recently and trying to
configure my keyboard with two layouts, but everytime I change
something, it opens error window (but preserving the new values). And
still nothing works. Here is the message:

Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
 • a bug in libxklavier library
 • a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
 • X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation

X server version data:
Project OpenIndiana
11407000

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
 • The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
 • The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd

Below output from the aforementioned tools

$ xprop -root | grep XKB
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "base", "tm2030USB", "us,ru", "",
"grp:menu_toggle,grp:caps_toggle,compose:ralt"
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "base", "tm2030USB", "us,ru", "",
"grp:menu_toggle,grp:caps_toggle,compose:ralt"

$ gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
 layouts = [us]
 model = tm2030USB
 options = []

Do I need to install something to get the xkb working?

Thanks