[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Hipster 2016.04 snapshot

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon May 2 19:12:55 UTC 2016

On 05/ 2/16 08:45 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:
> In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Hipster 2016.04 snapshot,
> Nikola...:
>
>> New location is http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster
>
> Does IPS not support TLS?
>
> It just strikes me as weird every time I see URLs for repos that aren't
> https.  That should really be the default, if not only, option these
> days.

Huh, that is a good question.
Actually IPS does and even allows you to make your own publisher with
your issued keys where packages can be accessible only to those having
private keys issued. (if one want to distribute packages only to
specific users)

Regarding OI's publishers of having https:// it is in the process of
deciding what CA/issuer to use for openindiana.org.