[OpenIndiana-discuss] More recent modsecurity pkg

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu May 5 06:24:23 UTC 2016

On 05/ 3/16 11:25 PM, Stefan Müller-Wilken wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> could anyone with access to the Sun Studio environment do me a great favor and lift the mod_security package from its current IPS incarnation to the 2.9.1 available from modsecurity.org? I tried to compile it with 'gcc' but that will crash Apache httpd under oi_151a9 when loading the module.

It is not easy to get older patched Studio releases today. I also tried
to install newest Studio on newest OI hipster, but Orcl is making Studio
only Solaris-aware and it doesn't regularly install, because of a linker
depending on Solaris 11.
If anyone of you have support contract with Oracle and wnat Solaris
studio to support building on illumos, please ask them via regular channel.

Studio that used to be used to compile illumos and OI, before moving to
GCC, with md5sums is named:
43ecac9ceecf0dbe8297ae8caacce457
sunstudio12-patched-ii-2009Sep-sol-x86.tar.bz2
1490e3a8eddd972d7467a36afdf88a5a
sunstudio12u1-patched-ii-2010Feb-sol-x86.tar.gz

Patched SPARC Studio is also not easy to find,
if someone has older,patched Studio for SPARC, please report.