[OpenIndiana-discuss] More recent modsecurity pkg

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu May 5 08:01:32 UTC 2016

On 05/ 5/16 09:48 AM, the outsider wrote:
> I also have a Solaris 11.3 machine with contract.
> But what are the legal consequences if I compile anything on it?

Your code, your binaries. plus you have a contract.
Even if you don't I know they (Orcl) makes OS releases (without
support/updates) available fo your use and for development.

Openindiana can be used for production use without a contract, but it
suppose you are active in tresting and making it better :)

> The costs of a contract are not as high as many people think.

I think they are 1K USD per 1 socket server?
But it's sort of off-topic on this list to advocate proprietary products
support contracts.

Speaking of proprietary, Orcl Solaris is not as proprietary as one might
think,
since there are open parts of Solaris: https://solaris.java.net/
where Openindiana uses a part of it (IPS, parts of X etc
hg.openindiana.org)

OmniTI and Joyent as I know sell support for their illumos-based distros.
(And Nexenta but with pool size limitation and weren't following it lately.)