[OpenIndiana-discuss] Community interest in illumos PF port?

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Fri May 13 05:50:36 UTC 2016

On 05/12/16 11:18 PM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> I am assuming that you already know that Packet Filter (PF) is
> included with Solaris 11.3, and although ipfilter is still there, it
> is being depreciated.

Everybody knows is but just to say for others, Orcl S11+ , being
Opensolaris fork, is proprietary for OS/Net (kernel) parts, so code is
not available and even it is, it's depending on closed source kernel.

I would also like to see an announcement about ipfilter deprication in
S11 yet. They also do ipfilter configuring in somewhat different way and
don't expect it to remove it for S11. But let us see what's for illumos,
there's no kernel source over the fence.