[OpenIndiana-discuss] Community interest in illumos PF port?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri May 13 16:14:02 UTC 2016

On 05/12/16 10:50 PM, Nikola M wrote:
> I would also like to see an announcement about ipfilter deprication in S11 yet.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/systems/end-of-notices/eonsolaris11-392732.html

"The IPFilter firewall will not be available in a future release. In future
  releases of Oracle Solaris OS, the OpenBSD Packet Filter (PF) will be
  available as the firewall. PF will be available in the pkg:/network/firewall
  package.

  If you upgrade your Oracle Solaris 11.x OS to newer versions, the upgrade
  process is facilitated by the ipf2pf (pkg:/network/ipf2pf) package. This
  package installs the tools that will assist you in the migration of IPFilter
  configuration to PF.

  Note: Manual intervention will be required to ensure PF rules implement the
  desired network policy."

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com