[OpenIndiana-discuss] [CFT] X11 components

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:27:12 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems
Administrator <predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com> wrote:

> On 05/26/16 06:19 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>
>> Hello, guys!
>>
>> So, as you've heard, Aurélien has made a big piece of work converting
>> x-s12-clone packages to oi-userland format. So we have about +220
>> components.
>>
>> They need testing.
>>
>> I've just compiled everything and put at
>> http://xzone.oi-build.r61.net:1000/ .
>>
>> Please, update your systems and report any issues.
>>
>> Brief instructions:
>> 1) create backup BE
>> 2) update to latest Hipster
>> 3) pkg set-publisher -P -g http://xzone.oi-build.r61.net:1000/ userland
>> 4) pkg set-publisher --non-sticky openindiana.org
>> 5) pkg install pkg://userland/*
>>
>> Reboot and see if something went wrong.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I have tried to test this, but my zone is preventing step 5)...

Can you post the output ?

I double checked and there could be an issue with the x11-server-utilities
metapackage but everything else can be updated.

> Is there any way to avoid steps 3) and 4) on zone? E.G: I would like to
> avoid changing publishers for zone (it does not use any GUI anyway)?

The reason for 3) is to give a higher priority to the test repository and
then 4) allows updating packages versions across publishers, this is
compulsory.

Thank you

Aurelien

> With best regards.
>
> P.S: thanks
> --
> Predrag Zečević
> Technical Support Analyst
> 2e Systems GmbH
>
> Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
> Mobile:    +49 174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
> E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
>
> Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
>                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
> Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
> Managing director:    Phil Douglas
>
> http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings