[OpenIndiana-discuss] [CFT] X11 components

Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems Administrator predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue May 31 14:59:27 UTC 2016

On 05/31/16 03:27 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems
> Administrator <predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/26/16 06:19 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, guys!
>>>
>>> So, as you've heard, Aurélien has made a big piece of work converting
>>> x-s12-clone packages to oi-userland format. So we have about +220
>>> components.
>>>
>>> They need testing.
>>>
>>> I've just compiled everything and put at
>>> http://xzone.oi-build.r61.net:1000/ .
>>>
>>> Please, update your systems and report any issues.
>>>
>>> Brief instructions:
>>> 1) create backup BE
>>> 2) update to latest Hipster
>>> 3) pkg set-publisher -P -g http://xzone.oi-build.r61.net:1000/ userland
>>> 4) pkg set-publisher --non-sticky openindiana.org
>>> 5) pkg install pkg://userland/*
>>>
>>> Reboot and see if something went wrong.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried to test this, but my zone is preventing step 5)...
>>

> Can you post the output ?
$ pfexec pkg install pkg://userland/*
Linked image publisher checkpkg: install failed (linked image exception(s)):

A 'pubcheck-linked' operation failed for child 'zone:hipster' with an
unexpected
return value of 99 and generated the following output:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 5444, in handle_errors
     __ret = func(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 1816, in __dispatch
     rv = op_func(op, _api_inst, **pwargs)
   File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 4047, in pubcheck_linked
     api_inst.linked_publisher_check()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line
206, in wrapper
     return f(instance, *fargs, **f_kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line
1628, in linked_publisher_check
     self.__linked_pubcheck()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line
1607, in __linked_pubcheck
     self._img.linked.pubcheck()
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/linkedimage/common.py",
line 1043, in pubcheck
     linked_pub_error=(pubs, ppubs))
PlanCreationException:
Invalid child image publisher configuration.  Child image publisher
configuration must be a superset of the parent image publisher
configuration.
Please update the child publisher configuration to match the parent.  If the
child image is a zone this can be done automatically by detaching and
attaching the zone.

The parent image has the following enabled publishers:
     PUBLISHER 0: userland
     PUBLISHER 1: openindiana.org (non-sticky)
     PUBLISHER 2: hipster-encumbered
     PUBLISHER 3: localhostoih

The child image has the following enabled publishers:
     PUBLISHER 0: openindiana.org
     PUBLISHER 1: hipster-encumbered
     PUBLISHER 2: localhostoih

pkg: This is an internal error in pkg(5) version 5c6a1de.  Please log a
Service Request about this issue including the information above and this
message.

> I double checked and there could be an issue with the x11-server-utilities
> metapackage but everything else can be updated.
>

>> Is there any way to avoid steps 3) and 4) on zone? E.G: I would like to
>> avoid changing publishers for zone (it does not use any GUI anyway)?
>>

> The reason for 3) is to give a higher priority to the test repository and
> then 4) allows updating packages versions across publishers, this is
> compulsory.
>
> Thank you
>
> Aurelien

Check above!
With best regards.
Predrag Zečević

Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!