[OpenIndiana-discuss] Latest hipster ZFS send/creation issues.

Hetrick, Joseph P joseph-hetrick at uiowa.edu
Thu Nov 3 13:26:19 UTC 2016

Thanks Alexander ☺..

  Yea, you’re right in the end…  There are lots of dirty hacks running through my mind to keep things rolling, none of them are tasty.

  I’ve danced down the road you’re describing a bit.  Ultimately things are moving forward on hipster in a quick and positive way; we’re just in transition, which is how we got bitten.  It happens.

The real killer seems to be that most require: depend fmri=pkg:/SUNWcs at 0.5.11-2016.0.1.15896

Which I think no longer exists..

Joe

On 11/2/16, 4:25 PM, "Alexander Pyhalov" <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

Hetrick, Joseph P писал 02.11.2016 22:15:
> Thanks; will do.
>
>   I didn’t know if it belonged there first (or if anybody else on this
> list had seen/tested this).  Fortunately it’s repeatable.
>
>   Is there anyway to acquire a userland prior to 9/16 so we can
> install tools?  At the moment it seems that even with some gyrations
> with IPS I’m unable to install some packages (gcc..) unless I move to
> the more recent userland.

Yes, it's a bit complicated. As build server was updated to rather
recent illumos-gate version, you'll not be able to install freshly
compiled applications.

With 'pkg list -af package' you can find out package versions, existing
in repository and with 'pkg contents -rm ' try to find out its
dependencies.
If you can satisfy them , you can try installing application using
precise fmri.
To do it you likely have to relax userland incorporation
(http://alp-notes.blogspot.ru/2015/10/userland-incorporation-in-openindiana.html).

But all this is dirty hack... Better try attract attention of some
illumos-gate developers ;)
---