[OpenIndiana-discuss] [CFT] Xorg 1.18.4 update repository

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Oct 20 10:05:03 UTC 2016

On 10/ 4/16 11:11 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hi,
> I am happy to announce that we have prepared a repository with updated X11 bits:
>
> http://pkg.openindiana.org/xorg-testing/
>
> On the menu:
>
> ... a handful of libraries and apps updated,
> ... Xorg 1.18.4, TurboVNC refreshed with Xorg 1.18,
> ... some drivers bumps,
> ... and CVEs picked fresh from the market today.
>
> Find below a short article about the repository and instructions to
> install the packages:
>
> https://www.openindiana.org/2016/10/04/call-for-testing-repository-with-xorg-1-18-4-now-available/

I've created test ISOs with new Xorg:
http://buildzone.oi-build.r61.net/xorg-update-isos/

I've briefly tested ISO image in Virtualbox VM and USB image on my notebook.

Unfortunately, it dumps core on Xorg exit (sudo pkill X or svcadm
disable lightdm) with intel adapter.  My notebook keyboard doesn't work
in kmdb, so I can't get useful info now... It has HD Graphics 4400 on
board. Will report when get more useful info.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,