[OpenIndiana-discuss] Font rendering

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:55:00 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 1:29 AM, Dmitry Kozhinov <dima at desktopfay.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have noticed that in my Virtualbox Hipster installation fonts are smoothed
> using grayscale technique, despite the fact that I have selected "Subpixel
> smoothing (LCDs)". Has anyone experiencing the same problem? Is it a bug or
> maybe depends on videodriver or something?
>
> And one more related question: Does anyone know how to install the latest
> freetype 2.7 in OpenIndiana?

You can look at:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2526

to learn what should be changed to update a component to a newer version.

To build it in oi-userland, you can clone the tree, gmake setup, fetch
my branch and finally gmake publish in the component's directory.

Kind regards

Aurelien

> Regards,
> Dmitry.