[OpenIndiana-discuss] Looking for translators for the updated 'openindiana-welcome'

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 00:43:58 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I've committed the updates to my fork of openindiana-welcome.

https://github.com/makruger/openindiana-welcome

So, at this time I would like to invite the community to submit
translations.

Translations reside in the folder data/html. Each translation requires a
subfolder (for example 'de for german).

I'll be happy to convert the translations to html, so the changes can be
committed to the repository. Or, if you like, you can fork my fork and
submit me a PR.

I've pasted the entire text below.

Michael

OpenIndiana Logo
Welcome to OpenIndiana Hipster!

OpenIndiana is an illumos based Unix-like distribution derived from
OpenSolaris. Constructed as a general purpose operating system with
enterprise class features, OpenIndiana Hipster is developed by the
community, and for the community.

OpenIndiana obtains its name from Project Indiana, an open source effort
by Sun Microsystems (now Oracle Corporation) to produce OpenSolaris, a
community developed Unix-like distribution based on Sun Solaris. Project
Indiana was led by Ian Murdock, founder of the Debian Linux Distribution.

Some of the differences between OpenIndiana and OpenSolaris can be
characterized as follows:

     Sun's OS/NET consolidation (closed by Oracle) has been replaced
with illumos-gate.

     Many of the original OpenSolaris software consolidations have been
reorganized into a single oi-userland consolidation.

     Oracle's Sun Studio has been replaced with the open source GNU GCC
compiler.

     XVM (XEN) has been replaced with the illumos-kvm port.

OpenIndiana Hipster Enterprise Class Features
Feature 	Description
ZFS 	File System and Volume Manager
Dtrace 	Dynamic Tracing Framework (System Introspection)
Crossbow 	Network Virtualization and Resource Control
SMF 	Service Management Facility
FMA 	Fault Management Architecture
COMSTAR 	Common Multiprotocol SCSI Target (ISCSI Target Framework)
KVM 	Kernel-Based Virtual Machine (Operating System Virtualization)
Zones 	OS Level Virtualized Application Containers
Time-Slider 	Automated ZFS Snapshots and Rollbacks
RBAC 	Role-Based Access Control
IPMP 	IP Network Multipathing
DLMP 	Data Link Multipathing

Release Notes
https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Release+Notes

About Us

The OpenIndiana Project is a community of volunteers and UNIX
enthusiasts from around the world. Currently build servers, hosting and
bandwidth is donated by EveryCity hosting in the UK.

Getting Involved

Our success as a distribution depends upon the success of our community,
which is why we would like to invite all those interested in the future
of OpenIndiana to participate and get involved!

We have many resources from which you can get started, including our
Wiki, Mailing Lists and IRC Channel.

     For developers we have Vagrant development images which can be
easily deployed.

     For end users we have publicly available IPS repositories for
updating your installation with the latest software and security fixes.

Links

     Website: https://openindiana.org

     Wiki: https://wiki.openindiana.org