[OpenIndiana-discuss] Looking for translators for the updated 'openindiana-welcome'

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Mon Oct 31 09:03:36 UTC 2016

On 10/29/16 02:43 AM, Michael Kruger wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've committed the updates to my fork of openindiana-welcome.
>
> https://github.com/makruger/openindiana-welcome
>
> So, at this time I would like to invite the community to submit
> translations.
>
> Translations reside in the folder data/html. Each translation requires a
> subfolder (for example 'de for german).
>
> I'll be happy to convert the translations to html, so the changes can be
> committed to the repository. Or, if you like, you can fork my fork and
> submit me a PR.
>
> I've pasted the entire text below.
>
> Michael

Hi,

I am in the process of translating/adopting it to Serbian language.

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević

> OpenIndiana Logo
> Welcome to OpenIndiana Hipster!
>
> OpenIndiana is an illumos based Unix-like distribution derived from
> OpenSolaris. Constructed as a general purpose operating system with
> enterprise class features, OpenIndiana Hipster is developed by the
> community, and for the community.
>
> OpenIndiana obtains its name from Project Indiana, an open source effort
> by Sun Microsystems (now Oracle Corporation) to produce OpenSolaris, a
> community developed Unix-like distribution based on Sun Solaris. Project
> Indiana was led by Ian Murdock, founder of the Debian Linux Distribution.
>
> Some of the differences between OpenIndiana and OpenSolaris can be
> characterized as follows:
>
>     Sun's OS/NET consolidation (closed by Oracle) has been replaced with
> illumos-gate.
>
>     Many of the original OpenSolaris software consolidations have been
> reorganized into a single oi-userland consolidation.
>
>     Oracle's Sun Studio has been replaced with the open source GNU GCC
> compiler.
>
>     XVM (XEN) has been replaced with the illumos-kvm port.
>
> OpenIndiana Hipster Enterprise Class Features
> Feature     Description
> ZFS     File System and Volume Manager
> Dtrace     Dynamic Tracing Framework (System Introspection)
> Crossbow     Network Virtualization and Resource Control
> SMF     Service Management Facility
> FMA     Fault Management Architecture
> COMSTAR     Common Multiprotocol SCSI Target (ISCSI Target Framework)
> KVM     Kernel-Based Virtual Machine (Operating System Virtualization)
> Zones     OS Level Virtualized Application Containers
> Time-Slider     Automated ZFS Snapshots and Rollbacks
> RBAC     Role-Based Access Control
> IPMP     IP Network Multipathing
> DLMP     Data Link Multipathing
>
> Release Notes
> https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Release+Notes
>
> About Us
>
> The OpenIndiana Project is a community of volunteers and UNIX
> enthusiasts from around the world. Currently build servers, hosting and
> bandwidth is donated by EveryCity hosting in the UK.
>
> Getting Involved
>
> Our success as a distribution depends upon the success of our community,
> which is why we would like to invite all those interested in the future
> of OpenIndiana to participate and get involved!
>
> We have many resources from which you can get started, including our
> Wiki, Mailing Lists and IRC Channel.
>
>     For developers we have Vagrant development images which can be
> easily deployed.
>
>     For end users we have publicly available IPS repositories for
> updating your installation with the latest software and security fixes.
>

> Links
>
>     Website: https://openindiana.org
>
>     Wiki: https://wiki.openindiana.org

>     IRC Channel: #openindiana on irc.freenode.net
>

> License
> OpenIndiana Licensing Information

Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!