[OpenIndiana-discuss] GCC 5.4 added to the repository

Thomas Wagner tom-oi-discuss at tom.bn-ulm.de
Tue Sep 6 13:57:37 UTC 2016

Hi Aurelien,

it would be very cool if someone could send me / the list the output
of "elfdump -d" on a compiled binary with C++ code. If that is not
available, then regular C-code is okay too. e.g. gcc -o hello hello.c
I have no test system at hand (have only older hipster on disk).

What I would appreciated to see would be a configuration that has
"[ LAZY ]"-load removed (only) for gcc runtime libs.

Excample "good":

 [2] somelib.so
 [3] libgcc_s.so
 [5] someotherlib.so
 [6] libstdc++.so

Excample "bad":

 [2] somelib.so
 [3] [ LAZY ]          <- delayed load/binding, libc.so can bind funcs earlier then libgcc_s.so
 [4] libgcc_s.so
 [5] someotherlib.so
 [6] [ LAZY ]          <- delayed load/binding, libc.so can bind funcs earlier then libstdc++.so
 [7] libstdc++.so

This removed "LAZY"-load avoids situation where uncatched C++ exceptions
are falling through into into library /usr/lib/libc.so which normally can't
handle them, so binary core dumps.
Prominent example is "filezilla".

In SFEgcc we set "-zinterpose" to have the resulting binaries link (only) the
gcc runtime without the LAZY flag.

Thanks much!
Thomas