[OpenIndiana-discuss] FlashPlayer 23 NPAPI for Linux comeback

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Sep 7 20:28:42 UTC 2016

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] FlashPlayer 23 NPAPI for Linux...:

> Hi. I think it would be more productive reporting Shumway bugs. I haven't
> thought about flash already for about half an year.

You must not have to work with either VMWare vSphere or Dell's iDRAC
(lights-out management).  Both of them are heavily reliant on flash,
still.

Both vendors claim to be moving away from flash, and Dell has a buggy,
incomplete HTML5 option with recent firmware updates, but neither vendor
has given me much hope that I'll ever be able to completely get rid of
flash.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)