[OpenIndiana-discuss] __deregister_frame_info_bases

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 12:20:13 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am trying to compile nspluginwrapper but there are a few problems.
I think I have fixed all the problems and now it compiles and links
with no problem. In order to "install" the linux flash plugin I have
to enter the following commands:

$ nspluginwrapper -v -a -i
Auto-install plugins from /home/apostolo/.mozilla/plugins
Looking for plugins in /home/apostolo/.mozilla/plugins
$ nspluginwrapper -v -a -u
Auto-update plugins from /home/apostolo/.mozilla/plugins
Looking for plugins in /home/apostolo/.mozilla/plugins
ld.so.1: npconfig: fatal: relocation error: file /lib/libsocket.so.1: symbol __deregister_frame_info_bases: referenced symbol not found
Killed

Obviously, the second command fails but I have no idea what is the problem.
Since I cannot post messages sto Illumos-discuss, I am posting here in the
hope that someone might have an idea what might cause this problem.

A.S.