[OpenIndiana-discuss] Nobody for whom OI/Hipster Mate on i915/KMS is working fine wants to report?

bentahyr at chez.com bentahyr at chez.com
Fri Sep 9 00:22:20 UTC 2016

So I downloaded the ISO from http://buildzone.oi-build.r61.net/OI-install-tests-201608, burnt and booted up.... to a black screen.
( I can see grub, initial illumos boot up screen, then initial openindiana text console where it sets hostname and a few other things, then pitch back)

Please find scanpci, dmesg and Xorg.0.log :
https://share.gns.cri.nz/3UKLCK0PSZCC/scanpci.txt.html
https://share.gns.cri.nz/0M0CQO77SEZR/dmesg.txt.html
https://share.gns.cri.nz/HIA27PA2Y6J0/Xorg.0.log.html

To add a few more interesting bits :
root at openindiana:/var/adm# isainfo -v
64-bit amd64 applications
        vmx xsave sse4.1 ssse3 cx16 sse3 sse2 sse fxsr mmx cmov amd_sysc
        cx8 tsc fpu
32-bit i386 applications
        vmx xsave sse4.1 ssse3 ahf cx16 sse3 sse2 sse fxsr mmx cmov sep cx8
        tsc fpu

root at openindiana:/var/adm# ls -l /dev/dri
total 2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 42 Sep  8 23:58 card0 -> ../../devices/pci at 0,0/display at 2:controlD64
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Sep  8 23:58 card1 -> ../../devices/pci at 0,0/display at 2:drm0

Best regards.
Ben