[OpenIndiana-discuss] Wireless driver for Realtek/Ralink

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 17:45:24 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Francis.D <angetao at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can do more, I can write a basic guide for basic day to day instruction
> tash desktop, administration etc ... We can included in iso in the future.
> With the same instruction on the wiki

Perfect! That would be great, even writing about your experience
installing manually the wireless driver would prove helpful.

> As LinuxMint user guide. Around 50 pages.
>
> My experience is IT integration software erp, crm, cmms in enterprise, I am
> also webmaster (web environment cms)
>

> But I think we should integrate tools (GUI) easy to get more users coming
> from BSD or Linux and Maybe Mac users.

Helping with small desktop issues would be very much appreciated: our
MATE should be more polished for the next snapshot :)
For instance I have some missing icons and I do not know what is the reason...

Yesterday I worked on integrating time-slider to caja, and we have
some X11 updates in the pipeline.

> If possible, in first:
>
> One click install multimedia codec

When it comes to multimedia codecs we have already packaged vlc and
most common codecs.

> Graphic Package Manager

This is on the TODO list but not a priority for me right now.

> But the English is not my first language.
> if someone can correct my spelling in English, I can help !

No problem, you can always find someone who will help you with reviews ;)
Do no hesitate to post to the ML :)