[OpenIndiana-discuss] Wireless driver for Realtek/Ralink

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Sep 13 01:59:01 UTC 2016

>>> As Adam pointed out: are we able to package the extra network
>drivers
>>> from Masayuki Murayama?
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Aurélien

Technically - we can. They are nicely licensed for that, and also I asked the author a few years back and he said it's fine with him as long as he doesn't have to jump through hoops to integrate it with a distro, essentially.

My take on it was that they "should" go into illumos-gate, as drivers. But that's RTI, with headaches and review benefits balanced over several weeks ;)

Otherwise these drivers are easy to build, quite standalone and would be a bite-size oi-userland recipe project... if they fit the userland bill (perhaps as a temporary measure before upstreaming as RTI).

Jim

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android