[OpenIndiana-discuss] The vulnerability of Percona server

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 22:18:03 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 12:10 AM, Sakuma, Koshiro
<bravo.echo.one at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you very much for your quick reply.  I really appreciate for your
> kind support.
>
> BTW, I need to uninstall Percona and install it from scratch?  Because I
> still don't see any update package when I tried to do like "pkg update
> percona-server-56"

If the version of percona is constrained by userland-incorporation the
package cannot be updated individually.
Basically if you do not update userland-incorporation, they only
version that can be installed is the one constrained in the manifest.

If you do not mind rebooting you could just update the entire system.
Otherwise I think it is better if Alexander or Adam answer your
question and tell you how to proceed.

> Please advise.
>
> Regards,

>> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 11:49 PM, Sakuma, Koshiro
>> <bravo.echo.one at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Dear Professionals;
>> >
>> > I've just gotten some information of percona vulnerability issue.  Can I
>> > update the latest version of percona server?  I tried to do this, but the
>> > update seems not be available yet.
>> >
>> > https://www.percona.com/blog/2016/09/12/percona-server-
>> critical-update-cve-2016-6662/
>>
>> It was pushed yesterday by Adam: