[OpenIndiana-discuss] HELP!!! Re: My 151-a7 on a SuperMicro X7Bsi needs both rpool disks replaced. Please advise on how!

Hans J Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 21:25:20 UTC 2016

Unfortunately updating has been a problem; I have tried repeatedly to
image-update my a7 to a8 or a9, and SunRay services, which is what tis
server is used for, fails after the upgrade.
So, that probably can't happen.

I WILL install a hipster on another server and see if the last licensed
SSRS can run on that.
What I need to do now is reduce the vulnerability of this machine to
acceptable levels to enable normal work.

I am managing, I'm building a 4k block root pool manually.

http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/ZFS+and+Advanced+Format+disks

> However as Nikolam mentioned, you have very old OI Installation.
> Thus every functionality mentioned in Guides may have changed in the
meantime. Or not be present in your Version of OI.

> Your best bet is to update the server if you can. and see if this solves
the Problem for you. If it does not, then the community can help debuging
the Problem.