[OpenIndiana-discuss] newbie questions

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Fri Sep 16 21:46:29 UTC 2016

ZFS is so amazingly good.  Every once in a while I google windows 10 zfs
just incase....

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Bob Friesenhahn <
bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016, Lev wrote:
>

>> 3. Is there any way to install the OS without ZFS?
>>>>
>>> Yes. But not via installer and not recomended. Why no ZFS if I may
>>> ask? It's one of the main features of OI.
>>>

>> Lack of knowledge? :-) I'm happy with just normal filesystems on the
>> disk. I know ZFS is extra super cool...
>>

> If you don't plan to add new pools, then ZFS will offer normal filesystems
> on the disk without any attention from you.
>
> If you just have a root pool and it is big enough then you are free to
> ignore that ZFS exists.
>
> Bob
> --
> Bob Friesenhahn
> bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Associate Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson