[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fwd: TEST-pkg available: Hipster's future VirtualBox-5.1.6-SunOS-amd64-r110634.pkg

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Mon Sep 19 23:18:30 UTC 2016

Hi Ben,

great to hear this, BIG thanks to you again.
Sorry also for the delay with the i915/drm-kms versus agpgart stack on <= gen5 GPU fix.
Qt 4 versus 5 and VirtualBox simply kept me busy all of last week, but now that it is mostly completed I can finally continue on the other fronts:

TODO:
i915 auf <=gen5: agpgart _erweitern_
compiz Mate
plugin-wrapper
(qt5) 64bit
xhci Sol11 bins

I did not create the logo myself, but what I did was to find out how to show it on every boot as splash screen during what would be POST on a real computer. That alone took half a working day. By default the OSE only shows a black splash screen (totally black, only showing the Press F12 message [which is not part of the .bmp file itself]).
Also I added the best and only real OpenSolaris distros to it [T.M.]  to this logo and saved it in a very specific way so it actually works, rather than quitting the VM 1 sec after startup ;)

The other aspects you described are true, but normal.
Because it was configured and compiled under the terms of GPL2 as OSE (OpenSourceEdition).

However: Technically the Oracle provided guest additions are compatible, and so is also the respective version-matching extension pack from Oracle, at the moment  http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.1.6/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.1.6-110634.vbox-extpack

I'm looking forward to more test results, especially USB.
For me it doesn't work at the moment, but Oracle's binary package also doesn't work for me.
That's still a problematic area which needs extra reviews.

Which Hipster rev running which kernel are you using?

Best regards,
%martin