[OpenIndiana-discuss] ntfs-3g

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 26 08:33:55 UTC 2016

Jean-Pierre André wrote:
> Michael Kruger wrote:
>> On 09/25/2016 04:24 PM, Adam Števko wrote:
>>> HI,
>>>
>>> out of curiosity, how was the NTFS created? When I tested this last, I
>>> was able to mount ntfs properly. However, the partition was created by
>>> ntfs-3g tools.
>>>
>>> Adam
>>>

>> I don't recall as it's been a while since I tried. It was either created
>> under Windows 10, or using gparted under Linux. I never considered
>> trying to do it on OI. Seems to me the value of ntfs-3g would be
>> diminished if it can only work with partitions and filesystems created
>> by the tool itself.
>
> Of course, ntfs-3g can read and write to partitions formatted
> by Windows. Note however

Sorry, I was interrupted while writing this...

I wanted to mention that for reading DLLs from a Windows 10
system partition, you may need a specific plugin for decompressing
the DLL. You also need a plugin for reading deduplicated files
created by Windows Server 2012. Both plugins are available
for OpenIndiana (only for reading) on :

http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/openindiana-ntfs-3g.html

Jean-Pierre