[OpenIndiana-discuss] ntfs-3g

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Mon Sep 26 13:40:31 UTC 2016

https://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2016-September/019602.html

AS wrote:

> ntfs /dev/rdsk/c4t0d0p0 /mtn
Well, that's clear that you could not mount p0.
In Solaris x86 p0 represents the entire disk (similar to s2 on SPARC-Solaris).
rmformat lists devices by their all-at-once pseudo-partition p0.
Clearly you have to adapt that path before mounting.
You were on the right way:

Fdisk shows the following:

Partition   Status    Type          Start   End   Length    %
1       Active    IFS: NTFS         1  3890    3890    100

But although FDISK correctly showed that the ntfs is on partition p1, you despite this wanted to mount p0.
BTW the next error you might have received with this command (if specifying a valid partition) would probably be
mount: /mtn: No such file or directory

Independently of that all the exFAT stuff I wrote generally applies to Hipster versus modern SDHX cards formatted in modern DSLR cameras, like this Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB when formatted in a FullFrame Nikon:  https://www.bueromarkt-ag.de/sd-karte_sandisk_128_gb_extreme_pro,p-sd-128sdep,l-google-prd,pd-b2c.html