[OpenIndiana-discuss] Looking for a wiki entry I only half remember

Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems Administrator predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Thu Sep 29 07:47:43 UTC 2016

On 09/29/16 08:35 AM, Hans J Albertsson wrote:
> Well, thanks, I know that much, but I was looking for that wiki page,
> anyway!
>
> You couldn't identify that wiki entry from my vague description?
>
> To be clear, I want to find that wiki entry!
> I'm not asking about problems with hipster updating, I'm asking about a
> pointer to that wiki entry!
>
> Hans J. Albertsson
> From my Nexus 5

Hi Hans,

I think that (you are interested in) was mentioned in this list, not in
wiki.
So, you might try to search list as well...

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević

> Den 28 sep. 2016 16:53 skrev "Till Wegmüller" <toasterson at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi Hans
>>
>> If IPS doesn't want to update because dependencies it outputs which
>> dependency blocks you.
>>
>> If that one is a Metapackage you can just uninstall it like any other
>> package.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Till
>>
>> On 28.09.2016 09:29, Hans J Albertsson wrote:
>>
>>> A while ago I saw a wiki page flicker past dealing with updating hipster
>>> packages even when metapackages would prevent updates.
>>>
>>> Something about judiciously removing meta packages? Or using special
>>> fmri-s?
>>>
>>> Can somebody guess what it was and point me to the right wiki page,
>>> please?
>>>
>>> Hans J. Albertsson
>>> From my Nexus 5

Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!