[OpenIndiana-discuss] Ext 2 Support

Thomas Wagner tom-oi-discuss at tom.bn-ulm.de
Mon Apr 3 14:31:13 UTC 2017

Hi Bob,

thanks, you got the point.
It is using old distro packages on a new distro.

So to me, it is:
Users should consider contribution to the projects.

OI and SFE both can only get better by occational and/or continuos
help from the smart users.

So the question is: How to do public relations and make
OI and SFE visible to possible contributors.
That should include to make visible that this is not a
swinning pool with sharks in it, instead a community of
nice and helpful people.

Regards,
Thomas

PS: No one ever asked nor offered contribution for the ext2 packages to be in the currenct SFE repos...
...invest in packages users ask for looks like most sensible.