[OpenIndiana-discuss] Avoton based motherboards known tout Work with recent hipster versions?

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Apr 7 09:30:37 UTC 2017

On 04/ 7/17 12:02 PM, Hans J Albertsson wrote:
> At last, after years of fretting, I will build a new zfs+sunray server, and
> my first take on this is an avoton setup.

Hello.
I don't know about Avoton, but I know a bit about SRSS (and its EOL in
November 2017). One thing I'd like to note - it depends heavily on GDM
(at least versions which I used), which we want to drop in N+1 snapshot.
Do you have a desire to create lightdm patches to emulate GDM behavior
(look through SRSS-specific gdm patches at
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/desktop/gnome2/gdm/patches/
and port them to lightdm + patch SRSS scripts to work with lightdm ?
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,