[OpenIndiana-discuss] HTML5 video issues with Firefox

Will Brokenbourgh will.brokenbourgh2877 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 21:27:29 UTC 2017

On 04/02/17 19:07, Erdos New via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> i tried this video on my OI-hipster and it doesn't play.
>
> since i also have freebsd11 installed on another machine, i tried it on and it plays the video just fine.

Just an update...

I have found that if ffmpeg, faad and possibly the gstreamer1 bad + ugly
packages are installed, *then* Firefox will play videos properly on
Facebook and others.  Firefox no longer complains about not having the
latest Flash plugin.

This finding might solve the mystery as to why some Hipster users are
able to play the videos while others cannot.

Thanks all!  :-)

Will Brokenbourgh

Sent from my OpenIndiana desktop