[OpenIndiana-discuss] What do I need to install so that ~/.inputrc

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Apr 13 00:31:48 UTC 2017

When I tried install vbox-5.1.18 with `pkgadd -d':

I get this error:

Oracle VM VirtualBox(i386) 5.1.18,REV=2017.03.15.16.41.114002
Oracle Corporation
## Executing checkinstall script.
Checking package dependencies...
## Missing packages:
## IPS :  system/library/gcc/gcc-c++-runtime or system/library/gcc-45-runtime system/library/gcc/gcc-c-runtime or system/library/gcc-45-runtime
## SVr4:  SUNWPython SUNWPython-devel
##
## Please install either the IPS or SVr4 packages before installing VirtualBox.
pkgadd: ERROR: checkinstall script did not complete successfully

Attempting to install any of IPS listed results in the above error.

I tried a few earlier version of vbox back to 5.1.0 and a few
inbetween.  With the same results.

Anyone else ran into this?  Is there a known workaround?

-------       -------       ---=---       -------       -------
NOTE:
I very recently moved from 151_9 on hardware to hipster on the same
hardware.  Not an upgrade in place but a fresh install from 161030
iso.

Previously on 151_9 I had been running Vbox 5.0.28 and over time had
created several vms I wanted to keep.

So, I kept a pair of mirred discs out of the install proceedure,
imported them to retriev the vms.
So I have 4 vms that I want to keep but seeminly not able to get vbox
in a version compatable with hipster.

Hopefully someone will have some ideas.