[OpenIndiana-discuss] Older vbox (5.0.28) failure - maybe something simple

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Apr 15 02:08:48 UTC 2017

Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> writes:

> I'm not running hipster yet.  I need to figure out a new ATX board to
> upgrade to before I move from older code to hipster.

I used versions of Vbox from earlyish 4.0.X all the way up to 5.0.28
on older code too. oi bld 151_9.

The first big stumbling Block is that Vbox is using old gcc version of
4.5.X.  Hipster defaults to 4.9.X.  And that rules out even there
newest version. 5.1.18.  So like Alexander P inferred, we can't expect
hipster to go backwards to accomodate Vbox.

They must be having somekind of problems over at vbox with newer
versions of gcc.