[OpenIndiana-discuss] metainit service not running

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Apr 16 20:10:28 UTC 2017

Andreas Wacknitz <A.Wacknitz at gmx.de> writes:

> You will have to manually remove the remnents of it by issuing
>     svccfg delete metainit
> After that it may also be necessary to run
>     svcadm clear metainit

Thanks.  Here, `svcadm clear' complains of not having a matching
pattern. Which, of course, does make sense.

Perhaps it should be done with `svcadm clear' done first.

I haven't actually rebooted to see if the error still shows up but, if

        `svcs -a|grep metainit <no hits>'

is any indicator then I think it has worked.