[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS on Openindiana vs ZFS on oracle linux

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Fri Apr 21 18:36:36 UTC 2017

Am 21.04.17 um 20:25 schrieb C. R. Oldham:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:16 PM, Andreas Wacknitz <A.Wacknitz at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Am 21.04.17 um 20:06 schrieb C. R. Oldham:
>>> Note that ZoL does have a couple of limitations that can make it
>>> challenging to use it as the backing store for KVM.
>> That's interesting, Proxmox, a Debian based distribution, can use ZFS and
>> run KVM on it.
> It might have been more accurate for me to say that it seems to be
> challenging to use OpenNebula with ZFS then.
>
> I haven't used Proxmox, maybe it is smart enough to restrict the
> caching options to what works best with ZFS?
I can't tell. It's a specialized distribution and I am currently
evaluating it because
SmartOS does not work well on my HP ProLiant DL360 G7.
But I am just recently started playing with it so I cannot say much
about internal details yet.
I would prefer to use SmartOS but I have been told on IRC that it is for
data center and thus
power consumption is irrelevant.

Regards,
Andreas