[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS on Openindiana vs ZFS on oracle linux

C. R. Oldham cro at ncbt.org
Fri Apr 21 19:36:48 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Doug Hughes <doug at will.to> wrote:

> Not to Hijack, but:

No worries.  There is no substitute for the voice of experience.

> I struggled with KVM on XFS for months before giving up. XFS is somewhat
> fundamentally incompatible with qcow2.

In our case we are using raw (required for some OpenNebula features,
though I should check to see if we are actually using any of those
features anymore...).  On and off for the past few weeks I have been
exploring the potential of migrating off OpenNebula and onto Triton--I
suspect it would enable us to increase the utilization of our
(admittedly) small private cloud.

--cro