[OpenIndiana-discuss] [CFT] Xorg 1.18.4 update repository

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 11:54:25 UTC 2017

> In recent weeks we have fixed several issues with Intel drm driver and
> Xorg server 1.18. So we are ready for second round of testing.
> Kudos go to Aurélien and Gordon for their hard work and, of course,
> to Alan for his help and consulting.

Excellent!

> Instructions available here
> https://www.openindiana.org/2016/10/04/call-for-testing-repository-with-xorg-1-18-4-now-available/
> are still relevant.

"Still relevant"? I have tried this recipe and I ended up with 2 broken systems!
The original system was installed from the OI + KMS + MATE experimental ISOs.Although the login screen appears sometime after boot, the mouse and the keyboard do not work. Also, I got many messages about something called metainit. Since this receipe does not work, would be possible to have ISOs that can be tested without destroying anything?
A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece