[OpenIndiana-discuss] [CFT] Xorg 1.18.4 update repository

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Wed Apr 26 07:01:23 UTC 2017

On 04/25/17 17:59, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> In recent weeks we have fixed several issues with Intel drm driver and
> Xorg server 1.18. So we are ready for second round of testing.
> Kudos go to Aurélien and Gordon for their hard work and, of course,
> to Alan for his help and consulting.
>
> Lower is original Aurélien's message.
> Please, test packages from updated
> http://pkg.openindiana.org/xorg-testing/ repository.
> Instructions available here
> https://www.openindiana.org/2016/10/04/call-for-testing-repository-with-xorg-1-18-4-now-available/
> are still relevant.
>

> On 10/ 4/16 11:11 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am happy to announce that we have prepared a repository with updated
>> X11 bits:
>>
>> http://pkg.openindiana.org/xorg-testing/
>>
>> On the menu:
>>
>> ... a handful of libraries and apps updated,
>> ... Xorg 1.18.4, TurboVNC refreshed with Xorg 1.18,
>> ... some drivers bumps,
>> ... and CVEs picked fresh from the market today.
>>
>> Find below a short article about the repository and instructions to
>> install the packages:
>>
>> https://www.openindiana.org/2016/10/04/call-for-testing-repository-with-xorg-1-18-4-now-available/
>>

>> Many thanks to Martin for his hard work on drm/i915, of course to
>> Alexander, Ken, Adam, and also to Alan and the Solaris team with whom
>> I have been playing catch up in the past months in order to
>> migrate/update the X11 gate in oi-userland.
>>
>> Thank you in advance for your feedback.
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Aurélien

Hi all,

I wanted to give it a try, and stuck at step 4:

$ sudo pkg -R /mnt update

because I have 2 zones and update complains:
---<snip>---
A 'pubcheck-linked' operation failed for child 'zone:builder' with an
unexpected
return value of 99 and generated the following output:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 5444, in handle_errors
     __ret = func(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 1816, in __dispatch
     rv = op_func(op, _api_inst, **pwargs)
   File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 4047, in pubcheck_linked
     api_inst.linked_publisher_check()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line
206, in wrapper
     return f(instance, *fargs, **f_kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line
1628, in linked_publisher_check
     self.__linked_pubcheck()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line
1607, in __linked_pubcheck
     self._img.linked.pubcheck()
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/client/linkedimage/common.py",
line 1043, in pubcheck
     linked_pub_error=(pubs, ppubs))
PlanCreationException:
Invalid child image publisher configuration.  Child image publisher
configuration must be a superset of the parent image publisher
configuration.
Please update the child publisher configuration to match the parent.  If the
child image is a zone this can be done automatically by detaching and
attaching the zone.

The parent image has the following enabled publishers:
     PUBLISHER 0: userland
     PUBLISHER 1: openindiana.org (non-sticky)
     PUBLISHER 2: hipster-encumbered
     PUBLISHER 3: localhostoih

The child image has the following enabled publishers:
     PUBLISHER 0: openindiana.org
     PUBLISHER 1: hipster-encumbered
     PUBLISHER 2: localhostoih

pkg: This is an internal error in pkg(5) version 0769bc89.  Please log a
Service Request about this issue including the information above and this
message.
---</snip>---

Is there any easier way to pass this step, beside booting both zones and
adding userland there (and making openindiana.org non-stiky)?

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!